Every Rule Exists for Reason...
As stated in the WRRC Safety and Orientation Class, the range rules posted here (and at every range) exist to keep our club running safely and smoothly. As members you are held to a high standard of safety and range etiquette. Please behave accordingly. BEFORE BRINGING GUESTS TO THE RANGE GO OVER THESE RULES WITH THEM. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACTIONS OF YOUR GUESTS!
WRRC RANGE RULES
VIOLATIONS OF THESE RULES MAY RESULT IN LOSS OF MEMBERSHIP AND LIABILITY FOR DAMAGES.
>DO NOT LOAN YOUR KEY CARD TO NON-MEMBERS!<
Four Firearm Safety Rules:
- Treat every firearm as if it is loaded.
- Never aim your firearm at anything you are not willing to shoot.
- Keep your finger straight and off of the trigger until your sights are on the target.
- Know your target and what lies beyond it.
- Follow the four firearm safety rules at all times. Eye and ear protection is required at all times while on the firing line.
- All guns must be cased and uncased on the front bench with muzzles pointed downrange while the range is called “hot” (active shooting). Uncased firearms will be carried to the front bench with muzzles pointed in a safe direction and laid down on the front bench with muzzles pointing downrange.
- Before going forward of the firing line, a shooter must verbally ask the line to “go cold” (cease firing). Once the line is called cold, all firearms must be placed on the front bench, fully unloaded, with actions open, magazines removed. No firearms or ammunition are to be handled until all shooters have returned to behind the firing line and then the range is called hot.
- When on the range all discharge of projectiles will be at a 90-degree angle to the firing line (No Crossfire). Unless directly supervised by an RSO or Certified Firearm Instructor in the scope of an event.
- All targets used at WRRC must be manufactured to be used as targets. No exploding targets. Usage of trash, trees, rocks, or wildlife, etc. as a target is strictly prohibited. Personal targets may be used on the training bay, shotgun range and the 100-yard line of the upper rifle range.
- No armor piercing, tracer, incendiary, airsoft, or paintball rounds.
- No machine guns. No devices or shooting styles intended to increase the rate of fire (bump/slide fire stocks, binary triggers, NFA machine guns, etc).
- When on WRRC property all Members shall have Membership Cards in plain view outside their clothing and shall be required to show a RSO proof of membership upon request (a stamped membership card from the current year).
- Members are allowed two guests only. All other persons of a shooting party must be Club members and/or immediate family (limited to spouse and/or children). All members are responsible for the actions of their guests and family members. NO PETS outside of vehicles.
- Being under the influence of, or in possession of, alcohol or dugs while on Club property will result in instant termination of your membership.
- Littering on the range facility is prohibited so clean up after yourself and place all used targets and trash in barrels provided or take it home with you when you leave.
- No camping or continual overnight usage of any range.
- All other rules as appropriate for each range are posted at the range itself.