Every Rule Exists for Reason...
As stated in the WRRC Safety and Orientation Class, the range rules posted here (and at every range) exist to keep our club running safely and smoothly. As members you are held to a high standard of safety and range etiquette. Please behave accordingly. BEFORE BRINGING GUESTS TO THE RANGE GO OVER THESE RULES WITH THEM. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACTIONS OF YOUR GUESTS!
WRRC RANGE RULES
VIOLATIONS OF THESE RULES MAY RESULT IN LOSS OF MEMBERSHIP AND LIABILITY FOR DAMAGES.
>DO NOT LOAN YOUR KEY CARD TO NON-MEMBERS!<
Four Firearm Safety Rules:
- Treat every firearm as if it is loaded.
- Never aim your firearm at anything you are not willing to shoot.
- Keep your finger straight and off of the trigger until your sights are on the target.
- Know your target and what lies beyond it.
- Follow the four firearm safety rules at all times while handling a firearm and wear ear protection and eye protection at all times while on the firing line.
- No alcohol or dugs shall be allowed on the range property. If believed to be under the influence or unfit to handle a firearm you will be asked to leave.
- Before going forward of the firing line all users must verbally ask the line to "go cold." Once the line is cold all firearms must be placed on the front bench, fully unloaded with actions open. No firearms or ammunition are to be handled until the range is called hot (all shooters back to or behind the firing line).
- When on the range all discharge of projectiles will be at a 90 degree angle to the firing line (No crossfiring). Unless directly supervised by an RSO or certified firearm instructor in the scope of an event.
- All targets used at WRRC will be manufactored to be used as targets. No exploding targets. No trash, trees, rocks, wildlife, etc shooting.
- No armor piercing, tracer, incendiary, airsoft or paintball rounds.
- No machine gun devices, or shooting styles inteded to increase the rate of fire (Bump/Slide fire/stocks, Binary Triggers, NFA Machine Guns, etc...).
- When on WRRC property all Members shall have Membership Cards in plain view outside their clothing and shall be required to show a RSO proof of membership upon requests (A stamped membership card from the current year).
- Littering on the range facility is prohibited so clean up after yourself and place all trash in the barrels provided.
- members are allowed two guests only. all other members of a shooting party must be Club Members and/or immediate family (limited to spouse and/or children.) All members are responsible for the actions of their guests and family members. NO PETS outside of vehicles.
- No camping or continual overnight usage of any range. Indoor range is accessible 24/7 but for your own safety please do not plan to use for the entire duration of the night.
- All other rules as appropriate for each range are posted at the range itself.